Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Mofo Mills View Post
If it's a mirv I suggest dismantling your gun and moving it the bind I use is this-
bind (your key) "detdismantlesentry; wait; sentrygun"
pressing that will build a gun if you don't have one, blow it up if you do, and dismantle it if you're close enough.
Interesting bind. I'll have to try it out.

Anytime I see a MIRV coming toward my SG I'll destroy it immediately, kill the demo/HW, and rebuild as fast as I can. That bind should help me should I be close to my SG to dismantle because there's nothing like having just upgraded your SG, 70 or fewer cells remaining with no bags available to rebuild right away.

I also like TF2's idea with the scrap metal you can pick up after a SG has been destroyed.

On the map express, for example, I'll have an SG built on one side and I'll see a demoman pipe himself over just to destroy my SG with a mirv, I'll destroy it, build up to lvl 3 within 5-10 seconds and repeat the process.

Some people just want their SG to do all the work for them but that's only going to get your SG killed, and probably pretty quickly. If I see someone trying to fuck up my SG, I'll prime a nade, keep wrenching it if I have time to get to it and throw the nade in between wrenching, and switch to my shotty to finish em off. There's tons of strategies you can use to keep your SG up and it is possible to keep it up even if a mirv is placed right next to it. It just takes practice. The mirvlets explode at a specific time, and knowing when each one explodes allows me to time my wrenches so my SG stays alive after they all explode.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote