View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #85
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eomoyaff
It was never suppose to be a one-man operation. But sometimes that's just what it is.. I'm not exactly sure if you understand, but if you played offense like I did, and had a few snipers for teammates, and the opposing team turtles the whole map, why in the hell would I NOT be complaining?
Well I can understand where it's not fun, but that's an unfortunate reality of the game, or it was for TFC. One person trying to take on an entire team of people playing defensively doesn't really work. You need at least one person breaking D up or running a diversion and at least one person going for the flag. If you think one person on O should be able to get through an entire D team that's turtling, unless that person is doing something very clever or lucky, then that doesn't exactly sound balanced, even if that is a problem if the rest of your team is just dicking around. It works both ways, if I was playing D and NO ONE was helping to guard the flag, I wouldn't expect to be able to stop multiple attackers by myself.

Quote:
The offense was nerfed, and the Defense got a golden ticket to willy wonka's. That's just the big picture.
The offense being nerfed I'm in agreement with you on, that doesn't seem necessary (except for destroyable jump pads, that's made a big difference in some maps). As for defense getting the golden ticket, in terms of the BIG picture I'd disagree. They've certainly received a boost compared to any other 2.x patch, but it feels more like defense has CAUGHT UP to all the abilities offense received back in 2.0, which have needed some sort of counter for a long, long time. While some things may be a tad overboard, this is far closer to FF 1.x or TFC defense than anything else since.

Quote:
Pickup games are now lower capping away from its' standard since the release of the game, and servers without class limits just take wide ass advantages over the defense (more so then what they did prior because of the changes.)
I haven't heard any statistics on that actually. You said since the release of the game, how does the pickup game capping rate compare to FF 1.0? In the pub I/D and CTF games I played, it felt much more like FF 1.0 or TFC to me. I know a lot of people were satisfied with the 1.11 patch, it would be interesting to see how it compares to that.

Quote:
Can you imagine 2 fatties blocking a flag constantly with slow fields and pressure, and the only thing you got effective enough, is a nail gun that you have to reload, and perhaps a single grenade? And lets top if off it a demo a soldier perhaps, and an sg, just all hovering around that.
I don't have to imagine, I saw similar situations in ksour and it led to a pretty good game. However that sounds EXACTLY like the sort of situation where I would not play scout or medic and would try and find out the easiest places to break up the defense on. It also sounds like the sort of situation I would need teammates to help with. While I don't expect much from general pub players, there's usually at least SOMEONE else trying to accomplish the objective that can either focus on breaking up D or go for the flag.

Quote:
Dev's completely demeaned the word balance in this one..
Welcome to my world in I/D and AvD for the past 3 years.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote