eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
Starting and max slowfields are going to be decreased in 2.43 (to 1 and 2 respectively), and they are going to be toned down in other respects as well.

I don't see the distinction you're trying to make between the overpressure and a pipe trap. How are they different? The most perfect conc, just like when dealing with a pipe trap, is either so fast they don't have time to react or is planned so that you make them waste the det/overpressure and you escape afterwards. Except, with the overpressure, if you juke it, you know for certain he can't use it again until the cooldown is up (with pipes, he could get another pipe on the flag before you get to picking it up). But, overpressure cooldown is being increased in 2.43 as well.
But even the perfect conc doesn't work in closed - in choke point's, via monkey's T, lower, Openfire's Hallway, 2fort's spiral, flagroom halls, elevator, etc etc etc. Conc Over, perhaps? Nope, because the Hw can actually hit the pressure while in air as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity.
You know I have to say this feels like a total reversal to what I've been seeing the past couple years, so I'll throw back something I was told all the time with me: What is your TEAM doing to help you? Maybe I'm misreading what you're saying, but it sounds like you're complaining that offense is no longer a one-man operation. Is anyone on the team using non-light classes to break more things up? Soldiers, pyros, and demomen can create a lot of chaos to break D. My team had no problem capping on O when I was using heavier classes to focus on D, it's just not as fast as 2.4 levels.
It was never suppose to be a one-man operation. But sometimes that's just what it is.. I'm not exactly sure if you understand, but if you played offense like I did, and had a few snipers for teammates, and the opposing team turtles the whole map, why in the hell would I NOT be complaining? The offense was nerfed, and the Defense got a golden ticket to willy wonka's. That's just the big picture.

Pickup games are now lower capping away from its' standard since the release of the game, and servers without class limits just take wide ass advantages over the defense (more so then what they did prior because of the changes.) Can you imagine 2 fatties blocking a flag constantly with slow fields and pressure, and the only thing you got effective enough, is a nail gun that you have to reload, and perhaps a single grenade? And lets top if off it a demo a soldier perhaps, and an sg, just all hovering around that. I mean I do enjoy a challenge and teamwork, but god damn... Dev's completely demeaned the word balance in this one..
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote