Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Here's a legitimate one.

Using the railgun as an engi:

Charge it when you don't see anyone. Overcharge if you don't see anyone the whole time you are charging and need cells (I don't usually overcharge and instead choose to shoot a blind bounce at a high-traffic location). Once you see someone, try to get a bounce shot on them (either using the floor right infront of them, the roof [hard shot to hit], or a wall). Immediately after shooting your railgun, switch to your shotgun and DM them. This way, you don't lose effectiveness if you miss your railgun because it is almost as if you were just shooting with your shotgun the whole time you saw them.

So, as a general rule, use your railgun as an opening shot, then switch to your shotgun. This doesn't have to be followed strictly (you can go for more than 1 railgun shot per person, or go for a railgun any time you feel like it [best if the O isn't going after you specifically]), but it is a good idea.

Oh, also, use a series of uncharged shots (or a charged bounce) for static targets at a long range (like someone building, setting a detpack, nailgunning a buildable [risky if it's your buildable], etc).

Another thing of note: A single-bounce shot kills a scout/engi/sniper in one hit. A double-bounce I believe will kill a medic.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Last edited by squeek.; 09-14-2009 at 07:07 PM.
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote