Old 11-23-2014, 08:40 PM   #10
homie in reboks'

Class/Position: Soldier & Medic
Affiliations: ( ir :: ) iv| K^ †
Posts Rated Helpful 80 Times
UIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge View Post
I do not agree. There's little incentive to cheat in any game when there's nothing on the line, yet, people do it. The fact that people are cheating at LAN events, perform like the following videos, and nobody cares until someone gets VAC banned is even more troubling.
People do care. People get banned all the time in CS:GO. The reason why cheating is becoming such a huge thing in the CS:GO community now is because PROFESSIONAL PLAYERS are doing it at LAN EVENTS. LAN events are supposed to be cheat free: a true test of skill, if you will. But with KQLY, sf, and smn getting banned that's not true anymore. That is why the cheating thing is so big in CS:GO. Professionals are cheating at LAN events. Not sure why you won't acknowledge that being the main reason.

Quote:
All of these are the same player. We saw this very behavior in this game with leagues, yet, UGC did nothing and anytime it was brought up the person bringing it out was considered a scrub.
First off, the guy in your video hasn't been banned for anything yet. You're just witch-hunting him with the rest of /r/GlobalOffensive where you've pulled all your information from. I'm not going to say he doesn't cheat because the evidence makes it look like a possibility, but he hasn't been banned for anything as of now.

As for FF, which league? Season 1? People brought it up all the time I'm pretty sure. Gator and his clan were getting accused all the time. Lots of people from TFC didn't want to play FF because tons of people from TheCatacombs banned list were playing FF. Now, People don't bring up cheating often because if you ban one person you can't play a pickup for the next month. You'd know that if you even played.

Quote:
I do not agree that it's only a CS:GO issue. CS:GO is simply a very large game that, unfortunately, shares the same anti-cheat that FF does.

Mainly, the point of the thread isn't to go "SEE, CHEATERS HAPPEN AND IT'S BAD", it's more to expose the how of it all.
Cheating always a problem for PC gaming, especially FPSs, but do you even know the latest 'hack' that was found for FF? Someone was editing a VMTF file, or some shit, so they could see cloaked spies, and before that it was a memory hack that adjusted interpolate values. The latter started lots of drama and eventually the guy using it just told everyone he was cheating. That's how sophisticated FF hacks are. No one will be hiding hacks in SteamWorkshop for FF.

It's cool you bring it up, but it's not a concern for FF now. Especially since there are easier ways to cheat in FF.