Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCUJO View Post
the reason its over there is becasue i do NOT want ideas from pub players, i've heard every pub player idea six times over, i want to hear something new and fresh from pickup and league players about how the class can work in League play, not pub play.

maybe it will lead to something that can work for both or atleast in pub.
Not every pub player is going to rattle off the same idea. Besides, this idea that the game runs through a filter of the 'league scene' is what is killing this community. The Sniper is ignored in competitive play because competitive players are skilled enough in other classes and wouldn't limit themselves to such a nub-class. They want action, not repetitive 'snipe me out the yard' bullshit. Why have base defense when you have a Sniper? Why play at all in a competitive scene with a Sniper? It ruins more than just the game, it robs any fun out of the experience (except for the Sniper, of course, HA HA.) and kills any action.

The idea that consulting the 'league scene' will come to a solution that will accommodate public players is comical to say the least. Solutions from the competitive scene are what have totally ruined this game patch by patch for beginners and new players. The Sentry Gun was ace when I joined in 2.0 then it progressively went to shit after that. The Engineer is the #1 beginner friendly class. You drop a gun and support it. Not anymore. You gotta babysit that bitch now, all because the 'competitive players' who are supposed to be 'so pro' complained it was too powerful.

Last edited by Bridget; 01-14-2010 at 01:32 AM.