View Single Post
Old 02-20-2016, 09:42 AM   #7
JackBauer

Posts Rated Helpful 20 Times
I'm with FDA_Approved on this one. There used to be days, when people took their time to get into a game and learn the basics. Even though, most of the time, success was not there at first.

after that, most games had to become newbie-friendly: casual. get instant kills, instant success. no need to really learn game mechanics. fun for a while, but also shallow and repetitive.

I think we are on the verge of a "new" trend. People are fed off casual games, people demand something new (as you know, most "new things" are things that worked in the past).

CoD, BF, SW:BF etc. become boring. There can be made a case for decreasing sale numbers and numbers of players.

CS:GO has become a monster - mainly because of the competitive mode. TF2 is about to introduce it too sooner than later.

PC users want to experience action and are willing to put certain time and effort into their hobby again.

as FDA_Approved said, Team Fortress is a niche of a niche. It's time to evolve as well, go with the flow (just don't get too casual). How about some popular game modes (TDM, DM/F4A) for example? TDM still is the most played mode in CoD. Instead of just running and shooting (like in CoD), you also get to conc- and rockjump, bunnyhop and do other fantastic movements. How much fun would that be?

Also I recently got into cs.go a bit and really like to compete against others on a similar skill level (bar smurfs). Imagine the same with a team fortress product. having the chance of playing on a pub OR getting on a pickup server within a second. any euros remember the burstfire servers in tfc?

Imagine the possibilities of streaming (directly to your tablet/mobile phone - be in the middle of it at all time).

TF might be a niche, but I feel the time is about to be right again soon if done properly.

Last edited by JackBauer; 02-20-2016 at 09:44 AM.
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote