View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 08:28 PM   #70
o_three_gunn

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgZ
some really cool stuff posted guys, will post my *history* with tfc when i have some free time :P
...yeah, what he said. just reading everyones history with TFC brings up enough nostalgia to last me a good week or two. gets me all teary eyed knowing there are plenty of dedicated TFC'ers still hanging around.

edit: allright i'll give it a shot. i found out about TFC as a stand alone game. i never even heard of half-life. one day in 1999 after getting tired of starsiege: tribes i was going through download.com to look for a game demo i could try out. i came across team fortress classic. this was when real player was supporting it or sponsoring it or something. anyway, i downloaded the trial version...hopped onto a 2fort server and was immediately addicted to its fast paced, high adrenaline tempo. i loved how simple it was to choosing a class and getting down and dirty the moment i set foot outside of respawn. i loved how it had that deathmatch feel but with objectives and strategy. engy was the first class i learned. i stuck with it for a few months until i was finally recruited by a clan called =LNX= ...the most classy bunch of guys i ever ran with. they've been around for quite sometime(way before i was recruited) and they are still standing to this day. and like most of us...real life caught up with me and i had to leave. i stay in touch with them from time to time but havent competed side by side with them for a couple years now. along with =LNX= i mainly frequent the ville forums and their servers. and when DoD came around and everyone started playing it..i tried it as well. it was fun...but it was no replacement for TFC by far. i dont know how else to explain it. i guess because it didnt give me that unique feel. i honestly cant think of another game that can closesly resemble TFC. where you can play fresh off a downloaded trial or play to gain extreme skills in things that were never meant to be part of the game. i know i can hop into any server and start defending and cappin' like the old days...but its all bittersweet. because the early days with all my old friends and regulars is what i miss the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggs
Well the first and only demo I downloaded was RealNetworks demo of Team Fortress Classic. I loaded up the TFC compleate with three maps, and I was submerged into a brand new world.
LOL! NICE...for a loooong time..i thought i was the only one that had the realnetworks stand alone version. even my old =LNX= clanmates would clown on me. i had to eventually buy half-life because realnetworkds stopped providing patch updates. GG on realnetworks! hehe
o_three_gunn is offline   Reply With Quote