View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 12:23 AM   #245
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times

Either Squeek or Neon first discovered this type of conc, on destroys yard ramps, after dropping from roof. We all spent the next hour and a half trying to pin down a novelty conc that has about a 1 in a million chance of happening in a real game.

Not entirely sure what happens here, but I think it has to do with your horizontal trajectory or momentum. You can see that I turn pretty hard so that at the end of my fall I'm traveling pretty much right into ramp going up, instead of down. Kind of reminds me of over bounce in Q3, where if your horizontal speed is 0 during a fall and you time your jump just right you can regain all your vertical momentum and shoot right back up. Something goofy like that might be going on here.

Anyways, you can see I exit the ramp going about 2400, making this the fastest type of boost you can gain with a single conc. And that one wasn't even a great one. I don't pay too much attention to the speedometer while I'm doing it, but I've seen 2500 pop up before. Of course you loose a lot of speed very quick, you loose speed over turning just to make it out the door, and then sharking, and then rampsliding FD ramps.

I think, but I'm not certain, that you could probably clear the FD ramps still going about 1900. Which is the second fastest boost you can get out of a single conc (via a downtrimp conc), so to still be going that fast after clearing a couple ramp slides is pretty crazy.

It's kind of a hard conc, but it actually should be pretty easy to time off of a spawn. Don't think medics can do it.

2 members found this post helpful.