View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 02:44 AM   #5
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Download Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer. It should show up in your steamapps\common directory. Go in and copy the bin folder.(folder itself and everything in it.)

Paste but do NOT merge it into your Steam\steamapps\common\SourceSDK\bin\ep1 folder.

Take the option to rename instead of merge. Name it something like binMODEL. At this point you could probly just point wallworm to that folder. If not, when you want to model go in and rename bin to something like binMAPPING and rename binMODEL to bin.

I tried just merging the bins but it ended up breaking sdk tools for me, so i couldn't map or use the model viewer. Which is why I plan on doing this name juggling to keep everything happy.

I'm still having problems compiling vtfs as you were, but I think this is just a simple lack of proper pathing.

If you don't want to do the folder juggle, you could try just replacing studiomdl.exe and vtex.exe from your 2013 bin into your sdk bin. I haven't tried that but it was suggest by the wallworm fellow.

Last edited by FDA_Approved; 08-03-2014 at 03:19 AM.
FDA_Approved is offline   Reply With Quote