KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
I've never had any issues playing other games like CS, TFC, CoD, etc without knowing my enemy's health/armor. It doesn't take any skill to look at a player to see their health/armor. I know you can enable plugins that show how much damage YOU do to an enemy that show up on the center of the screen, but I don't think it's necessary to see an enemy's health and armor.

Obviously there's not a visual indication of how damaged a player is, but I'd rather see people playing without that knowledge to:
a) Make it more challenging to those who actively seek out this information by looking at the enemy often to see their health.
b) Make it less of a challenge for newer players who can't tell what percentage of health/armor an enemy has or means, thus allowing them to learn faster by learning to use their instincts instead of using this feature as a crutch.

There is a point to see how damaged an enemy is, but that's up to your own situational awareness to find out that info. You do this either by listening to or witnessing distant teammates damage the enemy before they reach your area or by doing damage to them yourself.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Last edited by KubeDawg; 08-21-2012 at 11:31 AM.
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote