Thread: (Beta) ff_phantom_b1 ( remake )
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 03:18 AM   #12
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Definitely looks very nice, lot of great detail.

I don't really mind converting the ramps into clipped stairs, it adds a nice variety to the visuals. However I'm not a fan of taking the pre-existing stairs and clipping them into ramps. Phantom is already an offensive water slide, big and open with plenty of in-n-out opportunities. The stairs created sort of "speed bumps" or "problem areas" for the flag. It's supposed to be bad to get the flag caught on the stairs next to button. You take a bit away from that by being able to conc or trimp flag out of button stairs, or by being able to ramp slide up spawn stairs to take out spawn guns.

Not really sure what these little ledges are for:
http://i.imgur.com/vgK6omq.jpg

Kind of weird that you clipped the little ramps in water tunnel. I like them the old way, it provides a little more wiggle room to avoid spam down there, and you could also down trimp conc off of them.

Also thought it was kind of funny that despite your general distaste for the wedges at FD you actually made them slightly more obtrusive, though the ceiling of the door frames is a little taller so I suppose it's a bit of a trade off.

Hallway at top exit had a corner chamfered. Makes concing through there a little easier, though the doorway is smaller, so a bit of a trade off. Though it also really widens the LOS through that hall from most angles.

Last edited by FDA_Approved; 05-07-2015 at 03:19 AM.
FDA_Approved is offline   Reply With Quote