View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #20
battery
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock View Post
Well now I remember why I stopped playing the game.

My game screwed up on one of the patches, and the patcher would just crash at 10% downloads.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and its dependency software, so now it no longer crashes with an error message, but now it just stalls out during the Adobe.AIR 1/2 patch. Download starts fine at 700 kb/s then once it gets down to 0.6 K remaining it throttles down to 14 kb/s then continues to fall down to 1 kb/s then jumps back up to 14, and it just repeats that cycle. The status bar says 100% complete, but just won't go beyond that point.
For some reason it is impossible to download an up-to-date version directly from their website. You have to obtain and install an outdated version, and then let the patcher incrementally download and apply each individual update. Sometimes patcher fails and the process gets stuck in a loop.

I see this as some kind of deliberate mechanism to kick out some of the non-paying members. Their server is already overloaded. It is imperative to make the paying customers happy, so they have to remove the non-paying guys. Well, people who pay tend to be in the game every day or every week. They don't miss more than 2 patches in a row...But of course the non-paying customers may eventually buy Riot points. Not a good idea.
battery is offline   Reply With Quote