Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
if a new fortress could find a split between fast and casual action for regular players and highly skilled clan experiences for hardc0re veterans it could be a success.

I've always hated this mind set of dividing casual play and exp play, just because someone is a casual player does not mean they don't have the same mindset as a 'hardcore' player. I'm one of those who prefers to play on a 'casual' level, but with the strictness of 'hardcore'.

Splitting up the two is what causes niches in gaming communities. You do not need to split, but a seamless transition between the two. Granted with a class role system it's a bit harder to do this, as everyone will have different opinions of what each class role should be.

Quote:
We have nothing to lose starting with TFC as a base. We can start with classic mode and branch off any way we want, including a pure FF remake and/or an FF reimagining. If we start with FF as a base for the remake, which FF are we using? What are the features? What gets tweaked? Cut? Added? There's too much to figure out and we already know from 10 years of FF development that we'll never please everyone and in fact, most people will move along because they came here for this Fortresss experience but got that Fortress experience.
Personally, I'd say port the latest version off that we have to what ever engine is going to be used and is that as a base. Why? Because honestly, if I wanted to play TFC, I'd load up TFC and play TFC, not load up FF and play TFC. FF is not and should not be TFC, should it be influenced by TFC? Yes.

Quote:
We have nothing to lose starting with TFC as a base.
What will we lose if we start with FF 2.4.x as a base?
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote