View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #77
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
I'm honestly having difficulties remembering how TFC's AvD played out on WON, since steam has been around long enough for me to consider Steam-TFC the norm for TFC.

But for me on AvD, teleporters played a huge impact, and I think that's one reason O dominates on almost every AvD style map in FF.

In TFC, the offense had to grind past choke points, push and push and push, all in hopes of someone either getting lucky or someone who's really talented could slip behind the front lines of the choke point to take out the sg's/teleporters. And this was difficult because if you took down a front line defender he teleported right back into action, so a lucky kill here or there didn't accomplish anything, you had to take down the sg's. In FF all you have to do is kill the front line D and you're set to move on in the map right away, there's no real grind or push needed, and any person skilled or not can accomplish this eventually. Which makes maps like dustbowl just suck.

To win on dustbowl in FF red has to be stacked without a doubt, wherease because of the teleporters in TFC, skill could be equal and the outcome could go either way. Balance the skill equally out amung both teams in FF's dustbowl and offense will win everytime.

Last edited by Hammock; 03-05-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote