View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 05:25 AM   #449
Born_In_Xixax

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Sniping interrupts mulching.
I think this is the root of the bad feelings. 95% of the time when I get sniped, it interrupts an otherwise fun game I'm having with the other players. As an interruption, it is an annoyance - like a game glitch or bug - to be shrugged off. To me the snipers are always some bored guys in a part of the map I don't frequent, griefing the other players (and each other) with insta-kills when they can manage to peek out of their spawn.

Sniping is a mechanic unique to the game, and TF has always thrived on the class diversity. It may be something of a shame if it was deemed that TF meant 'mulch' and that 'snipe' had no place - certainly the sniper class has brought hours of enjoyment to thousands if not millions. And it's not like the current incarnation is an all-powerful, totally insanely broken thing, either. I would agree that it's probably the most annoying thing about FF right now (and TFC then,) but I would temper the actual level of annoyance displayed in this thread. We can live with the sniper as-is, but I think it could be enhanced to be more fun for everyone (snipers and snipees alike) - and I would hope that complete removal wouldn't be necessary.