Thread: O_o
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #63
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Yeah, some new philosophies sprouted out of the 1910s, but have they not improved since then? Have quantum theories gone nowhere since 1910? The point I was making was that there still people immersed in perverse cultures that are seriously outdated, what others have called a "poor philosophy." That's the reason for this entire discussion. As for modern democracy, it came out of the Enlightenment. Modern democracy is qualitatively different than, say, ancient Roman democracy, for important reasons. You'll also note that nowhere in my posts do I associated the expansion of government with free and independent thought. But it's pretty interesting the type of government power you go after, which is social welfare, or, in other words, democracy. In that case, yes, I do have trouble seeing the expansion of democracy as anything other than free and independent thought, or simply an attack on the type of "poor philosophies" that people (here) still seem to cling to. But that's probably starting to go off topic. Let's try to discuss what Mooga wanted to discuss, which is the disappearance of the all the posts, which I think I've explained fairly accurately.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.
uBeR is offline   Reply With Quote