Gwarsbane
Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
I'd like to see what people think if...

Detection range was upped by 10% to 15%. Basically be able to put it on the bridge by the button and have it detect anyone that shows up at the very end of the tunnel.

Turn rate was upped by about 10% or so. Right now many classes can just run by an SG and take little to no damage. A half decent concer can get past it no problem, a really good one can get past a room full of SGs, no matter how good they are placed.

Push was upped by about 5% to 10%. More so for those in the air, after all the people on the ground have the ground to push against to resist, the people in the air have nothing to keep them going.

Any one of those would be a good start, even better would be some form of combo of them, maybe at lower amounts then I suggested, at least to try them out.

Other suggestions...

2 or more SGs within a certain range of each other can "network" to increase their detection range. Say the range of an SG is 100. You put another SG within that range, and both of them can see from one end of the range to the other. So instead of just seeing 100 around them, it now sees its own area plus that of its networked buddy or buddies. Also when networked, they get a bonus of 5% range for each one linked to a max of say 3 sgs. The minus to this is that if a spy sabs one, they all go down for say 2 to 3 seconds while they "disconnect" the sabotaged one from the network. This would also include the sabbed one.

The closer in someone gets the faster the SG turns. But the faster it turns the less accurate it is or the less damage it does. So it could keep up with a scout, but the scout could live longer. Heavy running around it, it does normal damage. Scout running around it it does 1/4 of the damage. (but they would have to be right up close to it, touching it for the damage to go down that much).

Any one of these I think would be an improvement on the SG, but I think in general a combo of some of the ideas would be better.

BTW its easy to kill an SG even if you have an engi sitting there guarding it. If there is no dispenser and no pack near, you keep tapping the sg with nails because it costs the same to fix the SG if its 1 nail or 30 nails. So you tap it with a couple of nails, let him fix it, tap it, let him fix, do this a couple of times and hes out of metal and has to run to get more. Thats when you take the SG down.

If the dispenser is close, nail the sg a time or 2, when he goes to the dispenser kill that while hes beside it and he dies, sg is then open season.

If hes sitting on top of the bag with the sg, there is almost no chance of killing the sg, but if its at least a little ways away, nail the sg off and on till he needs to run for the bag, then kill the sg.

Most of the time, these ways work well for getting rid of an SG. there are ways to counter them of course, but for the most part it doesn't happen often.
Gwarsbane is offline   Reply With Quote