View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
It goes beyond the selfish interest of politicians.

The bigger the government the more people it employs directly and indirectly. I am sure everyone has seen the media machine state the average government employees make more than an employee at Microsoft.

This creates a dangerous situation where peoples self interest, i.e. they get to keep their employment, helps sustain the downward spiral of fiscal responsibility and who we elect as a blind population. And when you add in a seemingly limitless amount of indirect benefits paid to people from all different levels of society such as education, medicare, social security, grants, construction, military, aid, and on and on - it becomes damn near hopeless.

And the same people keep getting re-elected over and over. As soon as a politician feels threatened or a benefit is threatened the people who benefit start to spend money and resources to scare everyone into making a decision at the ballot box. And it keeps growing. When they do this knowing they are leading us down the path to economic destruction they are worst than a hundred greedy bankers bailed out by Obama. Or just one Micheal Moore.

Then to if you remove all that influence to keep spending and benefiting, and voting for your own single handout, there are a few core large groups on the left and the right that vote solely based on a couple of key principles and nothing else!

What a waste. I bet everyone in the groups I mentioned will tell you that Ron Paul is crazy.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote