View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 12:46 AM   #10
Green Mushy
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via AIM to Green Mushy
Download Link: http://www.ffpickup.com/files/ff_dalequandary_b2.zip

Here are pictures of the changes, and some of the explanations( with anti-aliasing! ) I know the detail is kindof simple, but im really more focused on changing the gameplay of the map atm, and i am attracted to slender metal minimalism:

I decided to simplify the yard, and make it a more "land based" route. There are still side routes where you can shark and rampslide, but the most direct route is easy to see and traverse. ( the old one was kindof too wierd and didnt flow well )

Added an alcove under the T. I thought it would provide for more space when the flag is in the area, and offer the Offense some more places to dodge rockets or break line of sight to make combat more interesting.

Spiral can no longer be escaped out with a ramp. The window still exists, but no ramp will lead up to, and out of, the spiral. I felt it was too easy for the O to disappear and the D cant find him traveling through the base until it is too late. I want the defenders to be able to head off the escaping flag.

Opened up the lower Hallway a little bit. And put another alcove inside to give the O more places to move around instead of being funneled into blue pipes and sentryguns. The alcove has a fence that can be shot out of with hitscan weapons, and i thought this would help the O get some more damage on to either the demoman or sentrygun and create some scenarios that the D must change their setup a little bit to deal with. Just so the game doesnt stay static the whole time, and gives the O the ability to effect the D more( in both terms of forcing strategy decisions, and doing damage)

Changed up the spawns a bit, and the Defenders spawn farther back, and around a corner( to defend against some soldiers doing rocket jumps and returning to their position to quickly). The spawn now exits into the flagroom, but the players will take longer to get there. This was to break some of the line of sight of soldiers as they come out of the spawn and give the O some more time to attack after they earn the T. Also, it gives a small alcove for the O to hide for combat or hiding strategy.

Last edited by Green Mushy; 10-28-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Green Mushy is offline   Reply With Quote