View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #72
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
I do know what most of the units do. That is, what most of the units people use do. I also know what some of the units people don't use do, and that's why I'm unimpressed with the game at the moment. It's RA3 all over again.

There are a good number of really cool units with really cool abilities (the Arx, as was shown above for example), but nobody uses them. A few weeks in, we're still more about the Starcraft 1 style of BO execution>everything than the Strategy/Tactics/Micro>everything thing that everybody is waiting for.

I mean, sure. You're always going to have more traditional players and it's really cool to see SC1 style play works in SC2. I guess what I'm looking for is something more WC3 in style... like the Arx stuff.

Here are some examples of what I'm talking about, all from that blog:

Here's an example of a different start that's 100% in line with what I'm looking for. Then it kinda turns in to a typical Terran build. Marines and Siege Tanks with bunkers. But that's cool because of the gambit.

Never anything wrong with a Zerg rush. Brood Lords are cool, but the Terran player didn't do anything... different. I don't know if it's because Terran alternatives just suck (judging by their other units, I'd say that's not the case) or if it's because Terran players are boring. A part of me says that the only thing that works for Terrans is the typical, and that saddens me.

And just because I'd like to put up a video of a Protoss player winning:

http://www.gamereplays.org/community...owtopic=584733

The commenatary is retarded but blues strat made me smile. He didn't execute it properly, and it's nothing really new or unique, but that early rush allowed for some cool tech. That pylon in the other players base was smart as well. Of course... Zealots/Stalkers for the first half of the game from both sides.

That's sort of what I'm talking about. It's like RA3 =\. Stalkers are really cool but eeeeeeverybody uses them. It's like... why pick Rampage?

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote