View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 11:26 PM   #8
WiFiDi
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag is there any other
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
the problem with ff right now is most maps can't handle the influx in players. the game isn't optimized enough to play with 22 players. (the lag my fps spikes up and down because of all the nades flying everywhere.) then once you get past 14 players on a server which i think is the best optimal number for a pub or competitive. anything more and its spam anything less and its feels empty.

part of the problem is that the maps aren't sized for large numbers of people and the ones that are, either not popular or garbage. i feel the best player count for the current maps we have are 14 it starts to feel crowded at 14 players once you go higher it gets worse very fast. nades become a problem (not there in-game quality's but,) the frame drop and the fact i can hear every nade that going on in the entire map whether im close to it or not.

to sum it up basically past 14 players on a server and it becomes spam-fest no matter what game mode your on. the only way i think to fix is add either a map vote system that picks a selection of maps that can handle the current player count. (which you might need to make a few more maps for.) or make ff alter map size (length, height, width of map and certain areas.) and maybe add/subtract a few routes depending on the player count.
It's a happy massacre?! (yes, yes it is!)
To make most awesome thing in universe combine Bears and Nicholas Cage!
and remember kids, we didn't start the flame-war!
WiFiDi is offline   Reply With Quote