View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 11:01 PM   #27
_BEAN_

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
Simply stating people are offended by something does not mean I am also offended, or believe a person's first amendment right should be disregarded. I'm just playing devil's advocate, as one cannot know a truth in its entirety without first seeing an issue from both sides. This is why my position might be occasionally perceived as for or against something, but with most subjects, it is neutral.

However, I do have an opinion on matters such as this, so let me state very clearly, so as to prevent any further misunderstanding. My opinion is that the pledge of allegiance should not be forced on kids, nor should forcing religious teachings in school. That's what churches, mosques and temples are for. Should kids be disallowed from creating their own social group to study their religion of choice or be disallowed to learn about a religion via an elective class? No. It's not my place to impose my beliefs on others.

1. If the school allows you to opt out of the class; why is there an issue? Teaching religion is no different than teaching a theory that hasn't been proven empirically, and in fact, the theory has more evidence against it than for it.

2. The pledge of allegiance was never forced on children and if you did not
feel like stating the pledge you didn't have to, so your point is moot.

3. You state that it isn't yoru place to impose your belief on others, yet
that is exactly what you're doing..

Last edited by _BEAN_; 05-31-2015 at 02:03 AM.
_BEAN_ is offline   Reply With Quote