Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
We need an official FF Pub server and an official FF Private server, but don't name the servers: OFFICIAL FF SERVER

Name it something cool like:

Fortress Forever Pussy Fart Public House

or something like that.

Something with RTV, a good map rotation/selection and friendly admins.
Except for the silly name you suggested, OT has all that. Though yes an "Official FF server" would be nice. But it would have to have rules. Why? Because if someone new joined the server and they get greeted with racist crap spewing out of some one, its not putting the game in a very good light now is it? Its one of the reasons why I kept telling the admins and mods here that they shouldn't allow the racist crap and swearing to happen in the more public parts of the forums.

I know how to run a forums long term, keep people interested and the majority happy and thats rules that are enforced. I've helped run a forum for a game that over 10 years old now. We are the ones keeping the game going, as we are now the official caretakers of it and have been doing updates for it for 9 or 10 years now.

You want to look like a bunch of 8 year olds, trying to impress one another, then go a head and swear and spew racist crap. You might get a few more people to join, but you'll drive off far more people.

But if you want to look grown up and respectable and get more people to join the forums and the game then you'll drop the racist crap and swearing.

Ever consider thats why there are not more players? Because people got driven off by all the racist crap and swearing? You look at any professional developers website/forums and you will not see any racist crap or swearing or nudity or anything like that allowed.

Most of the best/still active servers for different games all have rules against racist crap, swearing and stuff like that.
Gwarsbane is offline   Reply With Quote