Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian View Post
Triple post because apparently editing the server files to change classes' abilities and specs isn't "game breaking"

holy shit 9/10 would get trolled again
Actually OT tried to keep stuff that had been included in FF before that people liked. People wanted the nail grenade, so they swapped out the useless at the time laser grenade.

They didn't like the slow grenade so they swapped it back out for the MIRV that the heavy had before.

They wanted the spy grenade back, so they put it back.

They did not change class abilities and specs. You're thinking of another server.

They did keep the air puff that the heavy started using, because they liked it and people found a use for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. eXpl0si0n View Post
Completely agreed. I also think that they should dial it down a notch.... A lifetime ban for spaming a respawn? Fo real?
No one gets a life time ban for something like that.

Racist crap will get an instant ban for good (and even then its not always for good, I've seen people who have said racist crap (actual racist crap not just raccoon) get back on the server 2 and 3 times).

I've seen people warned many many times to stop using an exploit or else they would be banned. They were warned many many times. They kept on using an exploit, and finally they get kicked to get their attention. If they come back and continue using it, then they might get banned, and again its usually only 30 minutes to 24 hours. If they come back after that and keep using the exploit, then they will get a ban.

They have a rule about not going into the sky box on the server, why, because noobs either start complaining that someone is hacking, or they want to get in there themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaties View Post
How about when I go to OT, and don't say anything, and get insulted for being a pickup player?

I love pubs, I love pickups. They are both completely different play styles. You act like only the pickup players insult the pub players; pub players insult pickup players too.
You don't say anything now because you've been gagged and muted. Why because every time you came in, you would start spouting off stuff about how you're being insulted, and other crap like that when no one had even said a word to you.

I don't even remember half the stuff you were saying now, but I do remember it being insulting and taking swipes at OT again when no one even said anything to you.

I do remember you saying something about how we're playing the game wrong and that people shouldn't be attacking with defensive classes, or defending with attack classes. And you would say something every time you got killed or within minutes of joining the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
I got ban for saying raccoon
And you were very quickly unbanned. Heck even I have brought up the fact that the filter is a little too touchy. Even I got banned for that one time cause I said something about a bunch of raccoons in at my back door one night checking out the garbage bin. But within minutes I was unbanned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDA_Approved View Post
Ok, you know what? We all know the majority of OT is not the super PRO-ESPORTS player you all crave and rage for. And not everyone necessarily agrees with their play style. But that is no reason to constantly bash them and go into their server with the sole intention of being a raging asshole. They're just some average dudes who enjoy playing a casual game after their day to day.

I don't care how much you disagree with their rules. If you're going in there to just act like a little kid it makes you look like an idiot. YOU are the reason we can't get new people to play this game. Grow up and accept peoples differences.

There's a difference between playfull trolling, and being an out right dick.

There's some places in life you just shouldn't curse. Get the fuck over it babies.

/rage
FDA_Approved is quite right, many people go onto the OT server just to cause problems. Many of those same people come here and post crap about the OT forums just to scare people away. "I got a perma ban but I didn't do anything", " I got a perma ban and all I did was shoot an admin", "I got a perma ban and all I did was swear once." When in fact every one of those people know none of that actually happened.

What I find funny is all the people who have said "OT is destroying the community because of their rules" yet some of those same people have said "the only server that usually has people on it is the OT server". So which is it? They can't actually be destroying the community while at the same time being the most popular server. Could it be that they are the most popular server because people like the rules they have? Naaaaa that couldn't be... that might be just too logical.

@KubeDawg
They banned racists words, period. They don't care what the "context" is. They just don't want to hear them. I don't want to hear them. This is why I play there and not on other servers that allowed people to say what ever they want. Same goes for swearing. I just don't want to hear it.

This is how I have always been. I've heard crap like that all day in some places and I get tired of hearing it.

At the end of the day, they pay the bills for the server and look after it. They make the rules for it. If you don't like those rules, well just too bad. Either shut up, disconnect your mic and don't type, or don't play there.

I've helped run a community for over 10 years with nearly the same rules. We wanted to keep it kid friendly. Having swearing, racist crap and nudity is not kid friendly. OT wants it kid friendly.

And the argument that its a war game with blowing people up and shooting and stuff so racist crap and swearing and nude pictures should be allowed doesn't work. Why? Because its a GAME. You can tell its a GAME. You are playing it on a computer. Nothing looks real. In real life people don't blow up in chunks when shot with a gun.

Swearing, racist crap and nudity is real.

And again, at the end of the day, they are the ones that pay for the server so if they only want to allow people who have a 3gu in their name, then they can. If it drives away people from their server then they will have an empty server, but as has been pointed out, their server is almost always the only one thats populated. Maybe that means that people like their rules and that people don't like the "anything goes" type servers.
Gwarsbane is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.