KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
agreed lol. I don't think one man has the answer to all our problems and considering no man is perfect, that can make it difficult to decide who is going to be the leader of our country, let alone who I trust to not wreck my truck if I let them drive it. Character has a lot more to do with the Presidency than a lot of people think.

It's not necessarily what or who you know, but what kind of impression you can leave on the people, and that is the primary reason I like Ron Paul. The man's got integrity and honesty on his side and that doesn't really bode well for the current political system considering the majority of other candidates who have run up till this point have shown just exactly who's throat they're going to cut this week just to get some votes. I mean when Obama was running for President in 2008, I at least thought, you know, Ron Paul likely has 0 chance to win this race, and although I agree with some of Obama's ideas, having lived through the disastrous 8 years of having Bush in office, I have become skeptical of the entire political process.

Apathy is probably the best word to describe it. I felt like we were just going down a slippery slope and if something doesn't happen quickly, it might be impossible to reverse some of the fuck ups of previous Presidents. All I knew is I didn't want that crazy mofo McCain in office. Although I ended up not voting for Obama or anyone that year, I also did not take the time to educate myself to see that I could still write in my candidate's name of choice, so I ended up not voting for Ron Paul.

I'm not going to make that same mistake this time. I'm 26 and this will be my first time voting, so I'm putting it where I think it will count the most. Idealistically, Ron Paul has some flaws in respect to our military and a few other things, but in this shitty economic situation we're in right now, I think he's the only candidate who has the knowledge, experience and the fortitude to get shit done. He's the only guy that has actively fought against big government and corruption and I think he will help restore my personal liberties that are being destroyed even right now by our current President.

Is voting for Dr. Paul a risk? Yes, but what isn't? I've watched at least 20 debates, numerous YouTube videos on all the candidates, albeit mostly on Ron Paul, but that's just because his message resonates with me more than the others. All others just seek power. They want more control. They want to increase the size of the Federal Government and I'd rather have states compete against each other with a free and open market system.

He's what we need for the right now. Obviously he will only have 4-8 years in office at most, but the message he sends will hopefully restore faith to the people in our political system. And if Ron doesn't win the election this year, his son Rand Paul might run in 2016, so this message that we don't need the government to take care of us from cradle to grave is going to continue for many years to come and that's what makes Ron Paul so special. He's literally shaken the foundation of politics by sticking to his guns and telling it like it is.

Anyway, in other words, I endorse Ron Paul for President and even if he does not win the Republican nomination, I will still write his name in.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Last edited by KubeDawg; 01-24-2012 at 04:06 AM.
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote