View Single Post
Old 04-29-2006, 11:32 AM   #66
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FooleyCooley
This is actually a huge problem with the way this animation is formed. Y'see, it takes time for the rockets to actually slide down there, but the animation 'tick' (ie when the game thinks your rocket count has increased from 2 to 3) doesn't happen until the animation finishes.

In essence, you can load a rocket into it and interrupt it before the animation has finished, so even though you've seen a rocket go in there, because it hasn't slid down and 'finished' the animation you have no reload 'tick'.

I haven't really thought of a solution to this problem yet. Thus far, keeping the 'slide' animation really short so it isn't really noticeable is keeping it 'working', even if it's not quite as smooth as I'd have liked. Hopefully I'll figure it out sometime and improve the anim, but don't be surprised if its still there come our first release.

Welcome to the wonderful world of mod design...
heh, ya i see the problem now, but i think don has a cool solution here. perhaps if you sliced the animations at the point where the hand lets go of the rocket/rpg or whatever, and increment the number of rockets in the clip from that point?