Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
1] Are there any specific games that really got you interested in the FPS genre, that provided a unique gaming experience that you will never forget? And why?
Would Goldeneye on the N64 count? I honestly can't remember if that was the first fps I ever played, but it was definitely one that I really enjoyed.

Quote:
2] The same question as above but regarding all other genres of gaming, RPG, Racing, Strategy etc...
I guess the first "genre" I ever got into, was arcade ports. Granted, back then, the ports weren't great, but it's what we had. I never got into "turn based" strategy games(except Chess), but wen RTS came around, Command and Conquer was the absolute best. I have it on the PC, the N64, and even re-bought it in the First Decade package, so I could play it on my more modern PC.

Quote:
3] What game has kept you interested for the longest, that made you clock up hundreds/thousands of hours of play time, and do you still play this game?
There's a select few that I keep going back to: TFC(PC), Peggle(PC), Command and Conquer(PC/N64), Rogue Squadron(N64), Half Life(PC), Food Fight(Atari7800), Circus Atari(Atari2600), a few on the Commodore 64, and some on the Amiga.

Quote:
4] In your opinion, what would you consider to be the biggest breakthrough game in history?, that revolutionized gaming for you.
Half Life. While I enjoy games with scoring, HL added a nicely immersive story, with top notch(then) graphics, and was a lot of fun.

Quote:
5] If you had to pick your top 5 best games of all time, what would you choose? (Can be in a specific order or no specific order, up to you)
1 - Team Fortress Classic
2 - Archon
3 - Gauntlet II
4 - Pac-Man
5 - Lemmings

Quote:
6] What was your first ever Console?
Depends on what you mean by "Console". The first home "video game system" I ever had, was the Telstar Ranger. It came with 2 paddles, a light gun, and 6 games built in: Tennis(Pong), Doubles Tennis(Pong with 2 paddles per side), Target Shooting, Skeet Shooting(I can't remember the other two, and don't really feel like looking for it at the moment).

My first "cartidge based" console was the Atari 2600, which I still have and it still works. I've amassed over 200 carts for it, and still play many of them.

Quote:
7] Have games ever conflicted with your social life, and won?
Sadly, yes.

Quote:
8] Have you ever been addicted to a game, where you physically crave getting home so you can play this game?
Yep. More of them than I could list.

Quote:
9] What mainstream game (if any) do you regret ever playing because it was just so.. bad?
A few. Pac-Man on the Atari 2600, Defender on the same console, and a few games I've bought on Steam.

Quote:
10] Do you own a controller that you use with your PC, and what genre of games do you use it for?
I recently bought http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Classic-USB-Joystick-Blue/dp/B003WGLT68/ref=pd_cp_e_0 to use with some of the classic arcade ports that I've gotten my hands on. I absolutely love the thing!

On another note:
I have the following systems up and running in my home:

Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 7800, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64.

Each system has a bunch of favorite games of mine, which is why I keep them functional.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote