View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #2
FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout, Engineer and Sniper
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 17 Times
Your answers do not need to be in as much detail as mine.

1] Soldier of Fortune II was the first game to really stand out to me, the FPS game that introduced me to so many of the common elements you see in all of todays shooters, using the Quake III engine released in 2002, it is a game I can install and play today and still find servers up and running and really enjoy the gameplay. Was very moddable too.

Quake III of course needed a mention, such a fast paced shooter it kept me involved in the gameplay and on the edge of my seat, with the well designed maps and pure enjoyability of playing. Especially the Railgun fights.

Other mentions:
Tribes 1/2/Vengeance,
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament 2004

2] Mass Effect 1/2 are the best third person shooters I have ever played, the story is fantastic, and the gameplay is solid.

C&C: Red Alert 2 was one of the first games to really get me interested in Strategy games, to today, I can still play all the way through the campaign and enjoy every moment of it, expecially with the live action scenes to add depth to the story and introduce real life characters to your gameplay.

Fallout 1/2/Tactics, unlike a lot of newer gamers I played the Fallout series from the very start, which was pure turn based strategy at its best, with the perk system, depth and everything that makes Fallout such a great series of games.

Need For Speed: Underground was the first game to really get me interested in a racing game, being able to customize your vehicles in such depth was new to me, something I had only really experienced back when I played Gran Turismo 1 on the PS1.

Fifa 97 was the first sports game to really keep me entertained for a long time, played on the PS1 the graphics were impressive back then and the gameplay was great.

Pokemon was the first RPG game I ever played, which opened me up to this amazing world that is pokemon, with such depth and addicting gameplay, I played red, blue, yellow and silver, and stopped playing after they increased on the original 151 pokemon.

3] Silkroad Online is an MMORPG that was so complex and enjoyable, that it kept me interested for 2000+ hours of gameplay, which sounds like a stupid amount of time now. But it was such a great game, I hung up my boots on Silkroad online in around 2009.

In regard to browser based games, I have played AstroEmpires for 1,403 Days, being on every single day often for 3+ hours a day, sometimes 7+ a day.

Other mentions:
Counter Strike: Source - 500+ hours
Day of Defeat: Source - 400+ hours
Fortress Forever - No idea...

4] Hmmm, I.. would have to say, Mass Effect.. such a fantastic game that made me appreciate how important a solid storyline and campaign is to a game.

5] This is WAYY too hard, just going to put down my top 5 that come to my head as fantastic games, in no specific order.

1 - Mass Effect
2 - Quake III
3 - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
4 - Fallout 3
5 - Godfather II

6] Atari Jaguar
Got it when I was very young, considering I was born in 1992 and it was released in 1994 in the EU. Favorite games were Rayman, Alien vs Predator, Wolfenstein 3D, Doom and others.

7] Ha, yes, in the past I have put off social events in order to play games, which is very sad. Counter Strike: Source was famous for doing that to me.

8] Back in school I would crave to play Counter Strike: Source when in lessons, and when school finished, I would actually run home, just to play it... this lasted for months until I decided to have more of a social life with friends. It was.. sad.

9] Resident Evil 5, as soon as I turned it on, and realised you had to be stood still to shoot... it was instantly ruined, and I still gave it a go, it was abysmal.

10] I own a Microsoft 360 controller for Windows. Which I use to play Football games, such as Fifa 11, and racing games, such as DiRT2.
FreaK367 is offline   Reply With Quote