KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
In my opinion, the main reason why segregating a community to different game styles is if the community is small. If it has a big following, then the separation would likely have far less of an impact on the game's success. I think we should aim BIG, but we should try to hit as close to home as we can. Making a new game only to have it end up like FF is something nobody wants I'm sure. Yes, rebuild TFC, but I'd rather it not stay as a TFC with fancy graphics.

Once created, it should be built upon until you have a game that keeps the essence of past TF games but learning from the mistakes that each game had. Some of those mistakes are easier to spot than others such as TFC teleporters or the FF Pyro. If any other games are born from that, they should take the backseat until a large enough community is created with the main game.

I mean just look at the game mode possibilities you would have with just one game:

Casual Mode
- CTF
- AVD
- Sequential CTF
- Team Deathmatch
- Command Point
- Rats DM
- Murderball
- Skill
- Other

Competitive Mode
- CTF
- AVD
- Sequential CTF
- Team Deathmatch
- Command Point

Would that not already be watered down enough? Now imagine those options for 2 or 3 different styles of Fortress game.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote