View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 03:08 PM   #47
WarDieS

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
It's really hard for me to tell if CTF would work without testing it. I have been playing only for 5 days so I am not that in touch with the game. The short answer is probably no.

If you added CTF ala TFC (No return the flag on touch) it would require that the teleporting clases (Tracer, Genji, Reaper) could not teleport with the flag and if they do they should drop the flag on the spot.

Lethal ultimates should be non-lethal or even not having them ( I believe there is a mutator kind of thing on the private games settings) otherwise it will become really dull and shallow (this actually applies for every game mode in my opinion).

There is not much movement skill in the game apart from Genji, Hanzo, Tracer, Widowmaker, Phara (With her "rocket jumps" using E and the Shift impulse), Junkrat, so there is a good thing. There are some crowd control classes like Roadhog (hook), Junkrat (Trap and Mine), Mei (The retarded ice weapon and ultimate), Reinhart (with ultimate), Symmetra (Sentry guns with slow) that may add some layers of complexity and fun (This is probably the best part). Remove the respawn time (this heavily depends on the map actually)

There are classes that should work well like Torbjorn (He is an engineer), Bastion (He is a sentry gun X 5), Lucio (He is like a medic, heals and mobility with damage).
I think it may work on really well designed maps but it will never play like in TFC/FF. It would be a case like in TFC where the community would have to set rules to make it working (Like no backtracking, 1 HW rule, etc) because the game itself its not build around that idea.

But, again, its really hard to tell without actually trying it.

I saw an interview where Jeff Kaplan said that he played HL deathmatch and TFC competitively (wich makes me really happy somehow ). So maybe in the future we might get a CTF version of Overwatch
WarDieS is offline   Reply With Quote