Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Well, in situations where the playing field is obviously favoring one side over the other (such as one class being exceptionally good at long range leading to situations where it's able to interact highly with enemies that can barely defend themselves) people get pissed off knowing that they're losing because the enemy has an unfair advantage and not because they necessarily outperformed them. Hell, it's even annoying when you win, because you feel there was some luck involved to get past the unfair advantage of the other player.
Quote:
At-least, that's my explanation for why the Sniper class is fucking gay. I want to beat a Chess grandmaster playing in his prime with fair rules. I want one move to his one move. I want ten seconds to his ten seconds. I want him playing at peak performance, so that when I win, I know I bettered him. I don't want to know I won because he was holding back or because I got lucky nor do I want to lose because he had an unfair advantage. I want to lose because I didn't do good, not because I was unable to do good.
The two above quoted sections contradict each other. A chess grand-master is going to have an inherent advantage over even an advanced player(I doubt you are even that good, tbh). If you really want to best a master sniper, then learn how to snipe. It IS the same rules... your sniper is no different than anyone elses, except in skill level. If you put a pawn against a queen, pawn will lose almost every time(unless supported by other pieces). To continue the chess analogy, It's possible for a pawn to beat a king, but only with the proper support.

You propose crippling the sniper based on "your" lack of skill. A queen can move across the board in a straight line, should a better player only be allowed to move his queen 4 spaces to compensate for your skill level? Of course not.

You use your pieces to their best advantage... because each has it's function. Sniper is there to cover wide open spaces. His effectiveness is based soley on the skill of the player.

Yes, it (along with other classes) need to be tweeked, but it's not straight up broken.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter