View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #93
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Well it's the point CrazyCarl was bringing up before, it depends on the map. 4 minutes is an eternity for cornfield, but not necessarily for some caps of palermo. I really hate the system of arbitrarily ending matches / rounds simply because a certain length of time has passed for one lone cap, it's like the game is being redesigned to get I/D rounds over with in a hurry. I've provided several scoring suggestions in this thread that would solve this problem without having to end rounds early.

Afterall, who are these changes being targeted for? Have there really been waves of complaints about how I/D scoring isn't always a perfectly balanced situation? Or that I/D is fun, but it just moves too slowly compared to CTF? I always thought the pace of I/D is much faster compared to CTF because there's much less of a wait before you get to fighting. So why speed things up even MORE?

I stand by what I said before in that it feels like it's being changed to favor score tidiness over fun. It is FUN playing something like ksour for 20 minutes regardless of how many caps there are. The action in it is fantastic as are most I/D maps. I like close games where there's fighting all the way and it feels like O or D has really earned their victory. While I/D obviously moves faster than AvD, the idea of the length of time for any cap determining the outcome and length of the whole game feels just like a bad idea and not as fun.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote