View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
I like this idea of a CTF map but only having 1 flag in it. So one team could be D and the other O. I picture sort of a huge yard with a fort in the center of it, with multiple entrances in on different levels for that idea to work.

There should be 2 -3 ways into a fr, the primary way should be more open, while any other way should be tighter to make a better choke point. Any 2ndary paths should not take you directly to the fr, but to a place just behind the defensive front line. These should also only be opened up by deactivating security. Try not to make these alternative paths noisy. It drives me nuts on aardvark that someone standing on flag spawn can hear you swimming through the water tunnel. Security button should be a decent ways away from the fr.

Only 1 pack should ever be in the fr imo. And it only resupply ammo and metal. No hp/ac/nades, you could have a seperate health/armor on a longer timer for this. The pack does fully resupply metal and ammo though, and respawns relatively quickly, but should not be placed right at the most ideal place for a sentry gun, so the engineer should have to move from time to time to resupply (or skillfully get a dispenser up).

I like more open fr's as opposed to tiny little rooms. You can have narrow hallways and stuff leading up to them, but for the fr itself open it up a bit (not to the point that the defense could stand at the back and kill anything before it get's close), but enough that a concer could do a conc with some decent aircontrol).

Obstacles, like pillars, boxes or even corners of raised levels should be provided so offense has a chance to duck back for cover from time to time.

If you want the offense to be able to conc to the flag, you'll need an incline somewhere in the room, either at the start of the room, halfway, or right close to the flag. Something that'll let offense bounce around with a bit of speed from a conc.

Drop down holes in the ceilings are nice if you chose to have a major choke at the main entrance.

Cheers,
Hammock
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote