Thread: I hate Macs
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #4
o_streeteh

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Its pretty true too tbh. Was sorting out a wireless network for our student house over the summer (11 bedroom mega huge houseage so not as easy as usual), everything was going swimmingly until it came to connecting one of my housemates Macs to the network. It didnt have a builtin wireless card like the laptops, no problem i thought and popped off to see one of the other flatmates who happened to be working at PC world at the time (discount++). As i arrived i went searching for a USB network adapter (can't fit pci cards to a mac, its not cool enough) and low and behold only one supported her version of Mac OS. I bought it and trotted home feeling pleased with myself, plugged it in and hey presto... it work with the router (very decent NEtgear rangemax one, so don't blame the router). I returned the usb pile of crap and proceeded to search the net assuming the wider (but lacking a discount) range would accomodate. I was infact wrong, that was the only USB adapter that supported that version of Mac OS, because the majority with that version have built in wireless.

We now have a 30M cable running up 3 flights of stairs to accomodate for her 'far more powerful and versatile Mac' (she still believes its superior)

If you read that, well played, i wouldn't have bothered.
o_streeteh is offline   Reply With Quote