Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VentuSag3 View Post
If you think squeek was disagreeing with me, you need to up your English comprehension skills and re-read his post. He was adding to my post by saying that other classes have situations where they are at an advantage, and that this does not make for overall imbalance... not refuting it. Hell, as far as I am concerned this thread ended with his post and beyond that we've just been trolling each other for lulz
Apparently, I need to up my English writing skills.

I was disagreeing with you (or trying to). I guess I didn't highlight the main point of those posts well enough. I'll bold the main point this time (which Mushy just restated a few posts ago; I'll quote his post here too):

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
To be sure, I'd say the sniper currently is a "balanced" class, in a broad sense (the snipers' contributions to both the defense and offense of map objectives are not the greatest, so him having high killing power doesn't really make him unbalanced; the balance of the game is focused largely around the objectives). But, that doesn't exclude the class from having very large flaws that need to be fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Mushy View Post
Its not an issue of the class being used or not used in league play, nor is it about the class being overpowered. Both squeek and i have tried to explain this in previous posts. Ill try to use an analogy. If there is a class that can use his mind to kill any player he can see instantly, but it takes 30 seconds to charge up, that class would not be used in league play. [However, that] class is still broken. We would still be having the same exact argument, and still be making the same points. The issues would remain the same. Its about the mechanic of a long range weapon.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Last edited by squeek.; 01-21-2010 at 10:43 PM.