Old 03-15-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
Anshinritsumai
°_o

Class/Position: Medic & Engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: DM, OC, -[CfH]-
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Lightbulb Novell Networking...

So a friend of mine and I are taking a "LAN Management" class at our local CC since it's a requirement to move on to higher classes in the computer science major...

The class ends up being so damned boring we end up playing DotA or Starcraft during class, and sometimes in my case, UT3... Well, either way, even when we are fucking around playing games, surfing the net, etc; our teacher will ask us questions, like any teacher would when they assume people are fucking around - except we actually give him the the correct answer about 90% of the time, usually getting it wrong if the terminology was off, ie: logging on vs logging in.

Anyway, this last class meeting on thursday night was a bit of a doozy... our school runs on a Windows-based network, while our class has it's own little Novell network that runs in the classroom only, and we have to connect to it via VMware.

So... my friend ends up being unable to access the Z drive, the drive required to do the work in class, and while i'm helping a confused classmate, my friend comes over to my workstation as it had access to the Z drive. He loads up the command prompt, where all work needs to be done, and ends up deleting the Z drive, and thus the entire server NOS...

Long story short, we may not be in the class for much longer...