Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born_In_Xixax View Post
The AvD 'boost' issues are easily solved by enabling friendly-fire, if you are so inclined. This is how the game was 'intended' to be played (see leagues.)
As said, the development team doesn't want to include elements of the game that are easily abused. Friendly fire might be enabled in leagues because the players there have a reputation and expectation to play by the rules. In a pub, any lone griefer can start piping his team-mates.

Yes, it is fun. I used to faceroll D with it, but that doesn't stop it from being broken or unfair to the defense. It's one of those double edged swords. Damn fun on offense, but stopping it as defense (especially on pubs) is not going to happen unless the entire D is situated to stopping pipe-jumping flag-carriers.

The idea for damaging the jump pad is cool. For some 'spice', I think the jump pad should lose some of its push the more damaged it is, shown by the model. As it becomes more damaged, it begins to 'break' down visually and only propels you with a percentage of its maximum push. There could be four levels (25%/100% ofcourse) of its maximum power and visual condition.

The jump pad could even 'break down' from people using it. The 'decay rate' could be based on the class using it. If it gets used by a ton of heavy O classes, then it breaks down quickly. If it gets used by lighter O classes like Scout, then it degrades or decays very slowly. The more you put it to use, the quicker you lose it. I think that's a good sacrifice or a start.

Last edited by Bridget; 02-01-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote