View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 04:51 PM   #13
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
splurbp: Yeah it's a mess right now. I agree with most of what you've said, I just don't know what to tell you. The FF community seems pretty divided on it and it seems to be spiraling in a worse direction for pubbers like myself.

Ihmi: You haven't had as many complaints as you received for hwguy, just how many does it take? There's a dozen or two in other threads like this citing similar complaints. The only reason you haven't gotten as many is because the hwguy affected EVERYONE. Engineers still work in clan matches because people watch their back. However the consensus seems to be that he's a joke in pubs. If you honestly think it's "sufficiently balanced", I think you might be a little out of touch with just how easy it is to dominate sg's now in a pub environment. I've stopped playing engineer altogether now in 2.1 and defense isn't fun anymore for me in AvD, because it's stacked heavily against it.

Also I think it's hardly a question of loss/gain. I mean lets look at the list:

+faster rate of fire
-less bullet damage
-less health
-WAY less push

The rate of fire and bullet damage cancel each other out since they're meant to balance each other. So you have 2 drawbacks against the 2.0 one. Plus pyros, snipers, hwguy, and spies, and demos (longer range) all got a boost. The build times and cell regeneration are kind of irrelevant, because they don't affect damage or area control, just recovery time. So those are nice perks, but they should in no way be intended as something to "balance" such a loss, something I said before 2.1 was released.

Kubedawg: See I think the problem is that if you get rid of the push, the gun needs a LOT to compensate, but instead it was weakened even more.

Nuk3m: So are we basically screwed then?

Desyphur: If it's been discussed too much already, what's the solution? I don't think "leaving it alone" counts.

To everybody: Splurbp has a good question. Can we simply rollback the sg values back to 2.0? I mean they leave something to be desired, but it's better than slowly alienating the pubber base.

Last edited by chilledsanity; 11-19-2008 at 05:03 PM.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote