Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VentuSag3 View Post
I don't know whether to facepalm or to laugh, but either way you just made my ignore list. Gratz.
Damn, some whiny twelve year old blocked me on a forum. What ever will I do?

Anyway, to everyone else who doesn't have to have their hand held crossing the street (Ventu), this thread was never made to consider the Scout as a problem or the way he plays NOW a problem. I'm saying the Scout doesn't appeal to lower levels of play. The Scout is both difficult to pick up and to master because its effectiveness is contingent upon mastering difficult skills like bunnyhop and concussion jumping. There is no other way to play the Scout. An example of what I mean?

The Medic dominates with good movement skills, the same ones that the Scout uses: Bunnyhopping and concussion grenade jumping. The class, however, is not totally dependent upon those skills to be used effectively. You don't have to bunnyhop or conc about to be a good Medic; It just makes shit easier. The Scout doesn't work like this. In order to play the class, you are expected to be experienced from the start as the Scout can only be effectively played in the experienced manner.

I am suggesting more beginner friendly movement abilities and giving the Scout non-combat weapons and items that would make him usable even to someone who can't bunnyhop well or pull off sick concussion jumps. I am suggesting making the Scout available to both the beginner as a support class that helps in capturing the flag and to the expert as the movement class that does the capturing.

I do agree the Scout is fine, but something being fine doesn't mean it is perfect and can't be improved upon or made even better. Improvements can be beneficial additions as well as solutions to problems.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote