D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian View Post
You don't get it.

There have been so many shitty counter arguments the snipers in this thread have put out (ha! ha!). The one they always seem to fall back on is that the sniper as a class shouldn't be compared to them, since they're so high skilled - they're void for balance concerns, since they're top tier!

And they really like jerking off on the forums.

When other classes are questioned, the "elites" give hard examples as to why they don't believe x or y is too strong. Soldiers are overpowered in choke points? Well, sure, they're good, but they have a small clip size and a fairly long reload rate, so multiple attackers can rush past him. Can't get past a demo? Try faking him out, or juking him a bit. Do both at once, mess with his head!

"But nothing's wrong with the sniper, you're just basing it off the best of the best! Your argument is null!"

How about you understand the fucking point before you post again. Get a REAL argument as to why the sniper does or does not fit.
Yes because....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian View Post
FAPFAPFAP UHHHNNNNN
Is really a great argument.

I have said many times what I think about the sniper.

I have said many times what I think about the reasons why they want the sniper removed.

My reasons for it to stay and not be nerfed is that its always been in TF games as far as I can remember and that each class does unique stuff the others can't. Sniper can kill from a distance, spy kill you up close, soldier can keep you in the air, scout can zip right past you, medic can heal and infect, heavy can take lots of damage, engi can be in 2 places at once, pyro can do a long lasting burn that can kill quite fast.

Each class can do unique stuff. Just because a sniper can kill from long distance is no reason to remove it. If you remove or nerf a sniper just because they can kill at long distance then you have to remove all the other classes because each of them can do unique stuff.

Just because a person with good skill kills a noob and the noob leaves is also no reason to remove or nerf the sniper. That noob more then likely would have left if anyone with any kind of skill better then them in any other class would have killed them.

"Because it scares off noobs" is a stupid reason. That reason can be used for any class.

"Because it can instant kill from a distance" is a stupid reason. That reason can be used for most of the other classes (really all of them, though you have to be low in heath for some).

"Because it can do stuff other classes can't" is a stupid reason. That reason can be used for any class.

The minds here are pretty much set with no way to change them. Only reason I am making my thoughts known is with the hope that if it comes down to a vote with the devs on if it stays or goes or gets nerfed that the ones who don't want it to go or get nerfed and the ones that could vote either way see that there are people who don't want to see it get taken out or nerfed.

I can't give you hard numbers on stuff that I don't know, but going by the numbers that were presented here in this thread, the sniper is not the end all be all godlike class some claim it is. Their only arguments are "its unique", "it scares off noobs", "it can kill from a distance (pretty much the unique argument)"

We have presented counter arguments to those arguments. We have tried to counter them with logic, but its been useless. We've tried to counter them with examples, but its been useless. We've tried to counter them with personal experience, but its been useless.

Now we have someone saying that our personal experience is just us wacking off and trying to prove our epenises are bigger then everyone elses or at least that what it looks like you are trying to claim.

I'm sorry that I am good and I have said, I am good because I play with other good players. And I got good because I learned how to counter the good players, which made be a better player. Then those good players learned to counter stuff I did and they got better, then I learned to counter them again and so on and so on. Only way to get better is to not give up, saying a class needs to be removed because it scares off noobs ignores the fact that ANY CLASS can do that as long as it has a decent player behind it.