View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 11:41 AM   #19
homie in reboks'

Class/Position: Soldier & Medic
Affiliations: ( ir :: ) iv| K^ †
Posts Rated Helpful 80 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Satan View Post
I personally spent HOURS upon HOURS reviewing match footage to properly follow through on EVERY accusation
Thanks for actually going through all that footage. I wasn't around for that era of FF, but I can understand it's a lot of work to go through demo after demo.

Lots of people want to make lazy accusations for cheating, but don't really understand that it's kind of hard to compile any evidence unless it's super blatant or the user makes clear indications / mistakes.

What happens now in FF is lots of baseless accusations without any evidence. If you can't get the evidence then you can't convict somebody of doing anything wrong.

Basically, just going through and trying to compile evidence is the biggest hurdle for any admin of a league. Players may not think the admins are doing anything, but they are; it's just not readily visible. It would be a worse environment if admins just started banning people with no evidence and purely word of mouth backing.

I guess that's pretty off-topic from the original post, but FF isn't in really much of a position to have workshop injected hacks enter the scene.