D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
This isn't a thing you can have an opinion on. Scuzzy and the O-T clan have helped tremendously in the development of FF. They ran the beta server from pre-release until July 2010, among other things.
We all know that if OT wasn't there providing website hosting and server hosting any number of people would have stepped up. I know TALOS would have donated a server or two, and I know chaunbot worked at a hosting company or something like that, and had access to servers. I know he lent/gave a server to Medic (from Talos). My biggest beef with OT was that they tried to bring the inclusiveness they had in their own server/community into the broader FF community (on people who didn't want it, at all). If they had provided servers (which aren't/weren't expensive) and just shut their mouths, and didn't try and run things behind the scenes, then I know I wouldn't have made such a big deal about it. That wasn't the case, though.

Edit: By the way, happy anniversary. I tried to get in a few moments of playtime today on the TALOS server, with some success.

Last edited by GenghisTron; 10-08-2012 at 01:40 AM.
GenghisTron is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.