View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 10:41 PM   #236
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I've complimented enough, now I'll put out some issues.

1. Holy crap! Where'd the map go?! (Shot taken from the platform to the right of the major crack leading to the capture area, before the destroyed building, looking back towards the other team's spawn.)

2. Do you have to set the car on fire?

3. Weird stairs. Not a real problem, but it's odd to say the least.

4. I spotted a whole bunch of texture issues, too. Check them out here, they're epitex*.jpg. I'll explain them here:

4.1. Near the back of the car, this place will flash both textures where the lighting is off.
4.2. The sides over this here window thing flash black periodically as you approach them.
4.3. The ground beneath this rubble flashes black from various angles.
4.4. Sometimes parts of this cardboard box and miscellaneous debris disappears under the concrete!
4.5. A weird lighting area near the spiral staircase. Also, the top halves of those little wood planks will flicker under the ground texture occasionally.
4.6. The area under this wall flashes black from different angles.
4.7. This gravel flashes bright and dark (I tried to get a shot of it bright and failed, sigh).
4.8. Just another weird lighting thing, right before the spiral staircase.

As far as I can tell, these errors appear on their opposites as well. Most of them are minor, but I figured I'd mention them anyway.

Those matters aside, it's looking really great. I wasn't sure you'd be able to pull off not using any ladders, but you proved me wrong. Some of them are a little tight (especially the spiral staircases) but they're navigable, and it's certainly interesting. Some of the stairs do seem a bit steep, though.