Old 05-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #35
Respect38
D&A Member

Class/Position: Pyro
Gametype: Hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAhab View Post
1. The only two pipes I have seen come out of a demoman are blue and yellow. Which are the green pipes?

2. That would be nice.

3. I'm down.

Maps:

Openfire - the flag can get stuck in the ceiling there too.
1. Pipes look yellow-green. Make an actual response to this one, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFiDi View Post
personally i want team color pipes, timers, rockets, shotgun shells, you name it. other than being a nice touch im tired of trying to figure out whose team the pipes came from. yes, in pubs people do play offensive demoman.
Wait, I'm not the only person who wants this? Wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNL View Post
Okay then, modify them yourself. Not everything needs to be made to hold everyone's hand. If you don't know where the projectiles or traps come from, then you're not playing correctly.
*sigh*

I don't even want to argue this, because I'm sure you have a misconception here in your mind that I probably can't get out.

But, I'll try anyway.

Knowing what team the pipes or grenades it came from is very useful, because being able to regonize IMMEDIATELY which team it came from. In any video game, it is the game's job to give the player as much information as possible so he can make the RIGHT decision for the situation.

Having to hesitate because you have to stop to figure out whose grenades or pipes those are could be critical when the other option is being able to recognize immediately what team they are on and either avoid them or go through them.

(Plus, can you even modify this? I would imagine that, because the game uses one model for the grenades and pipes for obvious reasons, and changing it for one team would change it for all teams, which would leave the same problem)
Respect38 is offline   Reply With Quote