View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 11:39 PM   #5
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAhab View Post
Haha yeah, I tend to rant. What would you personally recommend snipping?

I figured I should give a brief history of the TF genre for those who have not been properly acquainted, so people aren't scratching their heads as much as they are observing and appreciating the history coupled with the unique gameplay.
:P No offense meant. Idk if any of the paragraphs need snipped, but definately condensed. Let me read it over a couple times, and see if I can come up with any advice.

EDIT:

Quote:
On April 7, 1999, Team Fortress Classic was released with much critical acclaim by Valve Software, who hired the original team to develop TFC. It was originally released as a free addition to the groundbreaking game that I’m sure most of you remember and hopefully have played, Half-Life.
This can be condensed a lot. It's not as important to your cause. (showing people FF) I'd suggest something along the lines of "The next iteration of Team Fortress came about as a source mod for Half-Life in the form of TFC."

Quote:
Typically, players have the choice of two equal teams, red and blue, although certain game modes allow for more than two teams with access to different classes…
Snip that IMO.

Quote:
As per the FF website: “Fortress Forever is a Team Fortress mod for Half-life 2's Source Engine. Our independent team has created this mod entirely from scratch. Fortress Forever should please those who have stuck with or been a part Half-life: TFC over the years while at the same time doing more for new TF players than any prior Fortress attempt.” I am pleased to say that it does this in spades,
Snip, but leave the bit about being fun and adrenalin pumping action for quakers and tfc players.

Other than that I tend to like it. Just needs to be streamlined and to the point for certain people to give it the time of day.

I really like the posting of videos. Good idea to show off some FF fun. And I should have a video with pub frags out in the next couple days you could add.

Last edited by FDA_Approved; 02-23-2012 at 11:49 PM.
FDA_Approved is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.