View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 05:53 AM   #68
angrypyro
D&A Member

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
Increase armor or increase jump speed? I think it's a nifty concept either way, allowing the engi to upgrade another class' buildable. Don't think it would need to have 3 levels though.
I was thinking just armor because upgrading the jump speed might mess up where an Offense player lands. For example a jump pad in ff_aarvark might be set up to have players to land on the launchers at the bottom of the base but when upgraded it would cause players to overshoot it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
So my suggestion was to just make the jump pad indestructable for the given amount of time a jump pad was already lasting (60-90 secs?). That way a scout wouldn't consider it a waste of time to just build one, and after the 60-90 second mark it becomes destroyable, if it's not destroyed then that's gravy. If it is, then it's nothing different than how we're playing now.

Having an engy upgrade it would not negate the fact that it's going to remain undefended and just be destroyed at the earliest convienence of the enemy O.
This would allow the jump pad to be able to be built inside the enemy base again though and since jump pads can now only only be used by your team, it makes it even more powerful.
angrypyro is offline   Reply With Quote