View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 02:23 AM   #62
Chickenprotector
Flamer of Worlds
D&A Member

Class/Position: Pyro (O)
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
M... played for a good hour today. I like a few of the changes, but the heavy needs to get the overpressure nerfed, slowing it down to maybe double the duration or at least 20 seconds should do the trick. Slow grenades obviously need to be reduced in duration and set to 1 and 2 (max) respectively.

Solly: I also feel that the new laser grenade is next to useless now. Extend the range and allow it to do more damage when you get too close; say 1.5 times to twice that what it does right now. Distance being maybe 5-6 steps away (however many units that is), and as you get further away from it, the less damage it does (mimicking a real laser and light dissipating at greater distances).

And for the love of christ boost up the range, I know it's supposed to be an area denial tool, but the thing's next to worthless. I liked the nail gren better because it did more damage and people would avoid that area more till it blew up. Now, yes they still avoid it, but they aren't as softened up when I take a rocket to them.

The medic needs to go back to the orig nail gun imo. And since the infections are no longer permanent, they need to either A) Kill B) Spread (outside of spawn/resupply rooms) to make it effective in combat again. If it does spread, then make players immune for a short time after the infection wears off. This way it's still an effective tool while not being a death sentence.

There's still a few gripes I have that carried over from the last patch. I.E. Pyro's still overpowered w/ flame throwers.