eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilledsanity View Post
It's VERY true, they're worse than any other version of team fortress. As for fixing them, you say that, but they were pretty good in earlier versions FF, then made into a complete joke in 2.1 and have only received very small improvements in 2.4, leaving them at their second-weakest state ever. I would LOVE to see them fixed, but this has gone neglected for about 2 years now. Here's a quick summary of the sentry gun push changes(straight from the official changelog):

1.11 sg push: 24 units
2.0 sg push: 15 units
2.1 sg push: 2 units
2.4 sg push: 4 units

While there's some debate about what the actual drop really is, since it's not one single number, that over a 90% drop that was left that way for a year, then increased so it was "only" a 83%. Even if the numbers aren't as clearcut as this it still FEELS weak as hell. In 2.1 - 2.3 the scout's nailgun literally had more push than the sg. The reason all this matters is that for gamemodes like AvD and I/D the reality is that it makes a large difference as to how fast the game is over.

I would love to, however the balance for AvD and I/D (and even hunted) is atrocious compared to TFC. Offense winning 90% or more of the games I play in AvD is NOT tfc-style.
THATS BECAUSE THIS ISN'T TFC, IDIOT.. SG's are fine in this game. 2.41 is fine. As I've always said, Sg's play as destractions. If you can't keep one going, then you're obviously doing something wrong.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote