View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 02:43 AM   #107
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycarl View Post
You're exaggerating now. Nobody is succeeding by blindly running in and ignoring defense. Nobody is proposing that. If you can do that, maybe you've just gotten really good at the game.
I'm not exaggerating, that actually does work in AvD and I/D now (except basicbowl and vertigo). If you ignore pipes laying around a flag, yeah THAT will stop you. Anything else, you can grab the flag, keep moving forward and progress it further before you die. Rinse, repeat, win well before the timer ends. That's at the most BASIC level. If you use more advanced tactics like I do, that's what leads to avanti / ksour rounds lasting less than 3 minutes and dustbowl games with D never winning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazycarl
I'm not concerned about the extremes in player skill. SKilled players are going to mop up. Newbies are going to get owned. but for the players in between, there should be various levels of success.

Yeah, I agree that there should be multiple ways to deal with a sentry. However, in competitive CTF, you don't field heavy classes on offense. So they don't have many options. This may or may not be the best thing for the game. It depends on who you talk to.
Dude, this goes right back to that question I can't seem to get an answer on. How was this problem handled in TFC? They had a very strong sentry in that and the competitive CTF environment thrived there.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote